Thursday, February 8, 2024

Timaya Reveals What Inspired His Hit Song ‘Cold Outside’

Singer Timaya, one of Nigeria’s iconic and diverse musicians and performers, has most recently disclosed that he was briefly stripped of his true identity while doing drugs.

During the COVID-19 lockdown, several “young guys” introduced the dancehall artist to Molly, he said to The Beat FM yesterday.

Timaya shared, “I am not a saint,” during the Morning Rush Show.

“I used drugs, and the experience was horrible. After a hard fight, I visited this young man’s house, and everyone was delighted.I didn’t know who I was until I took the drugs. I spent all the cash in my pocket because I was so thrilled.”, he furthered.

Timaya claimed that his incessant need for happiness led to his drug dependence.

“I just want to stay in that state of mind. I shed a lot of weight in this way. I was just delighted, not eating,” he remarked.

“I was consuming about three tablets each day. I feel as though I was taking medicine. It was causing me problems.

He claimed that “Cold Outside” (featuring BNXN), one of his biggest songs ever was inspired by his struggle with heroin addiction.

Timaya explained, “I sang ‘Cold Outside’ because of what I saw when I went outside.” “Every time I go visit, they give me that thing. Just little.” I dash back inside.

 

The post Timaya Reveals What Inspired His Hit Song ‘Cold Outside’ appeared first on African Entertainment.



source https://africanentertainment.com/timaya-reveals-what-inspired-his-hit-song-cold-outside/

No comments:

Post a Comment