Tuesday, August 22, 2023

I’m an activist because I’m compassionate, not to become a politician – Falz

Nigerian rapper Folarin Falana, well known as Falz, has explained that being a politician is not one of the reasons for him acting as an activist.

The lawyer-cum-rapper said that his compassion is the reason for his advocacy in Nigeria during a recent interview on Tacha’s The Big Friday Show.

Falz said:

“Compassion, I just care and I cannot afford to witness everything I witness and not say anything and not do anything about it. It’s just the way that I’m built. Nobody is putting fire on my backside and telling me that I must do this or I must do that, it just comes.”

Falz also said that he had no intention or desire to go into politics when he was asked about any political aspirations.

The singer who just dropped a new song, “NDIKE” alongside Odumodublvck and flavour,  further stated that not all activists wanted to run for political offices.

In his words:

“I am not a politician, but I think that everyone should know what they want for themselves and focus on that. There are people that are activists that never really make that transition into politics. Not every activist you see is positioning themselves for political positions.”

Returning to his motivations, the rapper said that even if he is well-known and does not “have to,” he is an activist because he is unable to ignore the wrongs and refuse to work for a better future.

https://youtu.be/6gI9PqKXrRE

He said, “I can afford not to like you said but in my mind, I feel like I cannot afford to ignore everything that I witness, and that’s my reason.”

The post I’m an activist because I’m compassionate, not to become a politician – Falz appeared first on African Entertainment.



source https://africanentertainment.com/im-an-activist-because-im-compassionate-not-to-become-a-politician-falz/

No comments:

Post a Comment