Saturday, May 22, 2021

Sarkodie influenced my music career – Laycon reveals

 

Big Brother Naija 2020 winner, Laycon has spoken about his admiration for Ghanaian rapper Sarkodie and how he influenced his music career.

In an interview with Giovani Caleb on Accra-based television TV3 Showbiz 360, Laycon said rapper Sarkodie was his favorite act back in university and used to learn his rap lines.

He said, “I used to listen to Sarkodie’s music even though I couldn’t understand his language, I could understand his techniques of rapping. There was one time I was learning his Twi raps specifically the freestyle with Teen Westwood on all of the light instrumentals way back in 2013”.

He added “I was influenced to drop a mixtape in 2013 called Conspiracy which was born out of love for Sarkodie’s instrumentals freestyle. But whenever I rap, people ask me what it meant and I can’t explain because it Twi so I had to practically stop. Sarkodie remains one of my topmost influential acts.”

Laycon also disclosed that he listend to Kwesi Arthur, Joey B, and fast-rising drill rapper Yaw Tog, saying these rappers are making an impact on the African continent.

Do you have a story, video for African entertainment? WhatsApp Us on +233543452542

You can also email us at info@AfricanEntertainment.com

The post Sarkodie influenced my music career – Laycon reveals appeared first on African Entertainment.



source https://africanentertainment.com/2021/05/22/sarkodie-influenced-my-music-career-laycon-reveals/

No comments:

Post a Comment